Durban, Kwazulu-Natal, South AfricaAlchemy Gaming & Slingshot Studios
Are you passionate about gaming? Do you love writing code to solve interesting problems? Are you eager to learn and keen to grow?
If your answer to these questions is yes, then please contact us!
Alchemy Gaming are a close-knit team with a wide array of skills across many different disciplines. Our team is cross functional, highly skilled, passionate, and engaged - working collectively toward a shared goal of creating industry leading games. We work hard and have fun doing it. We value our family atmosphere and believe in empowering individuals to drive their personal and professional development.
We are looking for a skilled, passionate Game Client Developer to help us create great technology and exciting new games. You will be working with our custom made game engine, toolset, and on our new games.
A typical day may require you to design new solutions, write some great new code, and collaborate in a cross functional team.
The technology stack we work in includes and is not limited to:
Core Responsibilities include the following:
- Contribute to whole team planning sessions
- Analyse requirements and create appropriate designs
- Develop new game mechanics and features
- Maintain a high level of quality across our games, custom game engine and its related tools
- Assist and guide other team members
- Proactively look for improvement areas across our production pipeline
- At least 3-5 years’ experience as a Developer
- Have a good understanding of object oriented programming
- Experience with Pixi.js, Phaser, GSAP, or similar rendering library/framework is advantageous
- Experience in writing unit tests, integration tests and doing test driven development is advantageous