Durban, Kwazulu-Natal, South AfricaStormcraft Studios
Stormcraft Studios is looking for an experienced Software Developer who thrives on using full-stack development to produce our premium and popular online slot games bearing the hallmarks of superior quality while delivering engaging and enjoyable player experiences.
As a Software Developer, you will work as part of a highly motivated development team and subject matter experts, partnering and collaborating with all the disciplines needed to deliver high-quality games. The development will span the in-house technology stack as well as the gaming application, giving you full access and influence over all aspects of the development process and technology.
The ideal candidate will be motivated and excited to embrace new technologies, tooling and process optimisations while taking responsibility for the development of game applications. At the same time being a strong mentor for other members of our software development team.
You will be working with high-performance, cross-functional teams to craft game software and technology solutions that are scalable, maintainable, and extensible.
If you have the passion and drive to develop blockbuster games in an ecosystem of new and emerging technologies that bring efficiency, tooling, process improvement and evolution to the Stormcraft Studios delivery pipeline, then you need to talk to us.
- Develop and maintain scalable and robust game applications in alignment with the Stormcraft Studios strategy.
- Work as part of cross functional, passionate, agile (SCRUM/Kanban) project teams ensuring high quality, iterative delivery is at the heart of the development process from requirements definition through to delivery
- Collaborate with other service developers, mathematicians, creatives, client developers and other (technical & non-technical) partners to advance the framework and development workflow strategically and proactively to Stormcraft’s benefit.
- Provide technical leadership and software expertise to facilitate future Stormcraft content delivery.
- Contribute towards predictable delivery of quality releases
- Research, recommend and implement tools as needed with the goal of continually increasing our development efficiency and productivity
- Proactively bring issues and problems to the attention of the team while generating, proposing, and implementing innovative solutions to resolve them
- Be an advocate of automation, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery and use experiences to support the teams in these areas
- Maintain exceptionally high standards of design and code quality at all times, including but not limited to adherence to architectural, security and scalability standards and principles applied at Stormcraft Studios
- Update job knowledge by researching new technologies and software products; participate in educational opportunities; read professional publications and maintain personal networks
- Be enthusiastic, fearless and boundary-less with the ability to coach and mentor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent work experience
- At least 4 years proven software development experience.
- Working knowledge of:
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery methods and toolsets
- Agile software development, software configuration management and software development tools and technologies.
- Strong demonstrable experience of software Analysis & Design and accompanying design patterns with a commitment to Software Craftsmanship and Clean Code.
- Ability to prioritize well and communicate clearly with peers and management alike.
- Eagerness and willingness to learn new technologies