Software Specialist : Devices
Durban, Kwazulu-Natal, South AfricaInformation Technology
The Software Specialist: Devices, will manage the relationship with 3rd party software development contractors, manage the Device support strategy and related tools that enable game development for the Game Technology and a global game Studios. The role will be a central point of contact for all Device farm, Device Kiosk and Device Support related incidents and service requests. The Software Specialist – Devices works in a dynamic, fast paced environment which provide service to the entire Games Global organisation, through effective and efficient collaboration. Customer satisfaction and continuously service delivery are key aspects of the role.
- The role requires senior software development experience.
- Provide software guidance on projects being executed in the device support environment, through solid design and implementation within the greater system.
- Identify and drive the use of appropriate technologies and tools.
- Promote a quality culture via an SDLC appropriate to each product area and founded on the principles of solid design and entrenched testing.
- Provide ideas to the business using existing or related technology.
- Identify and research technologies which could improve our software.
- Perform technology evaluations on new software to be adopted by the business.
- Provide value through prototyping and demonstration to internal stakeholders.
- Maintain and publish the documented design and agreed roadmap for our system.
- Perform high level investigations, detailed analysis, and detailed design solutions to meet the challenging business needs.
- Act as the subject matter expert in device distribution and support for global teams
- Communicate changes and updates of supported Devices to all stakeholders
- Provide support to all service desk requests from Games Global teams related to external user device technology.
- Manage and execute on-site support to the Durban Device Farm
- Manage and co-ordinate support for device farms in all geographical locations
- Direct and guide 3rd Party contractors on Device Farm feature development and infrastructure
- Ensure Device Farms are online and available to all users
- Project manage and co-ordinate the improvement and feature enhancement of device related tools.
- Integrate and management tools related to the Device distribution and game delivery production line, with Active Directory and Okta multifactor authentication.
- Network infrastructure and information security configuration related to device testing tools.
- Design, guide and manage feature development of the Device kiosk tool.
- Act as the Global System administrator for device kiosk tool in Games Global.
- Create partnerships with key suppliers and vendors, including negotiate pricing for devices with the Technology sourcing team.
- Execute the device procurement strategy for devices.
- Provide guidance and assistance to global teams in device procurement.
- Evaluate key contracts and engage with legal and procurement teams for new and existing hardware and device related software suppliers.
- Investigate and advise on industry leading software tools related to end user compute.
- Manage internal device related enterprise accounts for Apple, Google and Microsoft end user devices. Example Jamf, Android Studio.
- Analyse market trends and data in the device, operating system, and browser segment.
- Compile and manage monthly device support lists for the business to drive maximum distribution.
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.Engage with multiple teams, including international teams where required.
- Creation of device related business processes.
- BSc Computer Science or BSc Engineering.(Honours/Masters preferred).
- Experience as a Full Stack Senior Software Developer.
- 5+ years’ experience working with Devices.
- 6+ years’ technical experience in a technology used extensive throughout our system, e.g., C++, SQL, C#, .NET, Web services.
- 3-year qualification relevant to a software development.
- Knowledge of Linux, MacOS and Windows operating systems..
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Okta, and security protocols.
- Knowledge of IT network security and system architecture.
- Experience with Cloud based technology. Azure, AWS.